Dr. Robert Applebaum: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
Robert Applebaum is a renowned Plastic Surgeon who has been practicing for over twenty five years and is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has been in his Beverly Hills office since 1995 which includes his private outpatient surgery center for his patients, the Four Thirty Six Aesthetic Surgery Center. Dr, Applebaum is an innovator in the field of laser surgery for plastic surgery procedures and lectures and educates physicians worldwide in the use of lasers. He has also published numerous articles and scientific papers in the areas of laser surgery.
Dr. Applebaum performs a wide array of plastic surgery procedures and specializes in aesthetic facial surgery, body contouring to include reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery. He is known for his innovative approach to performing the French limited incision breast reduction for patients who fly in from all over the world for his natural results. Dr. Applebaum was nominated in 2016 as one of the best Breast Surgeons in America.
Dr. Applebaum skillfully utilizes the latest proven technology and innovation to obtain the most natural results for his patients. He incorporates non-surgical and minimally invasive new technology in his practice to offer patients natural skin tightening results with no incisions or scars. His surgical skills and judgment are sought after by a large international clientele.
He comes from a family tradition of medicine, as both his father and grandfather were physicians. Both majorly influenced his philosophy that selection of proper surgical candidates and spending enough time with patients to develop a strong doctor-patient relationship is of primary importance.
Dr. Applebaum graduated from the University of the Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School in 1985, before training at the prestigious surgical residency at USC/Los Angeles Country Hospital. After five years of general surgical training, Dr. Applebaum completed his plastic surgical training at the University of California Irvine Medical Center and completed extensive study at the world-renowned Beckman Laser Institute. In 1992, after serving as Chief Surgical Resident at the University of California Irvine, Dr. Applebaum began his practice at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. In 1996, he moved his practice to its present location on Bedford Drive and built the Four Thirty Six Aesthetic Surgery Center to deliver the highest quality outpatient care. Dr. Applebaum is an active medical staff member and performs reconstructive surgery at Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
Dr. Applebaum is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and is a member of the distinguished American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Los Angeles Plastic Surgery Society, Graduate Surgeons LAC/USC, American Society for Laser Surgery and Medicine and the Los Angeles County Medical Association. He has authored and co-authored numerous scientific publications in the fields of plastic and general surgery, and has often been featured as an expert in the media.
In addition to his practice of plastic surgery, Dr. Applebaum has incorporated alternative and complementary medicine systems as they apply to healing and improving patient care and recovery. He has developed proprietary products for recovery after facial and laser surgery that incorporate herbal and homeopathic components to aid in the recovery process. Dr. Applebaum has created Rx Ceuticals, a revolutionary line of anti-aging makeup with benefits for all skin types.
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Services
- Aesthetic procedures of the face, brow, eyes and neck.
- Aesthetic laser skin resurfacing of the face.
- Minimally invasive skin tightening of the face, neck and body using radiofrequency technology. RFAL and Fractora (FaceTite and BodyTite)
- Aesthetic surgery of the breast including breast reduction, breast lifting, breast enhancement and reconstruction.
- Aesthetic body contouring including liposuction and body lifting.
- Aesthetic surgery of the ears.
- Aesthetic injectables including fillers, Botox and Kybella for facial rejuvenation.
- Consultative services for reconstructive and aesthetic problems and injuries.
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1994
University of California at Riverside, Bachelor of Science Biochemistry , Riverside California, 1981 University of the Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School, Doctor of Medicine, MD, North Chicago Illinois, 1985
General Surgery Internship, Los Angeles County University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, 1985-1986
- General Surgery Residency, Los Angeles County University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, 1986 – 1990
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California 1990 – 1992
- Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery,of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California 1992
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1985
- Physician's and Surgeon's Certificate, Board of Medical Quality Assurance, State of California, 1984
- Basic life Support Training, American Heart Association
Dr. Applebaum is a staff member of Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles in the division of Surgery. He is a member of many professional and medical organization, including:
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member, American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- Member, Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, International Society of Plastic Surgeons